Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC - Auto attendant

lisandro
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, I hope you are well.

In this case I am writing to you to see if you can help me or guide me in a configuration that I have to do in connection with cisco unity. I have to set up a very simple automatic wizard but I can't find the correct option or how to do it.

I have a single audio that says: "Welcome to the company" XXX "if you know the internal number, dial it, otherwise wait and they will attend you".

I can't find a way to make sure that when someone calls they don't have to press any options (not zero, not one). If you know the inmate's number, dial it or wait and they will see you.

I was able to do it in Automatic Attendant Service (B-ACD) but in CUC I can't find the correct options to make it happen.

If anyone ever set it up this way, can you give me a hand? Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You dont need to assign 6000  to a phone.

just an extension 6000 with forwarding all to VM. And your system call handler extension should be 6000.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

This is normal as CUC does not have control over the CTI RP via CTI and it does not have any need to be in control of it. The important part of the configuration is the directory number that is forwarded to voicemail.

So your remaining problem is that you hear the message Wait while I transfer your call? If so @Nithin Eluvathingal already gave you the information on how to get rid of that, “uncheck the Play the Wait While I Transfer Your call Prompt option”.

On a side note, the polite thing would be to give appreciation to the people who helps you out by using the helpful vote option on posts before asking for more help on new questions.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34

Use CUC  call Handler.

Example:- Assume all call comes to extension 1234 and you need greeting to be played with option to dial the extension. 

• On CUCM extension 1234 Forward all to Voicemail
  • Create Call handler with extension 1234

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 8.01.27 AM.png

• Go to standard Greeting Upload your recording. make sure you choose "My Personal Recording"

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 8.02.29 AM.png

• After greeting you select the  option you need. 

You can also Have a look on below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En18tN1pNMw

Response Signature

Thank you very much for your reply,

But what I need I still can't do it.

I can put options for the commercial sector or the technical sector or the operator to attend, for example:

op 1 for sale

op 2 for technician

op 0 for operator
all this if I can do it

But what I cannot do or I cannot find how to configure it in CUC is that after the greeting "wait and they will attend you" I pass it to some internal CUCM.

Can this be done in CUC?

Yes CUC can do that. What you should look at is after greeting action. Set it to transfer to an extension. Possibly you might have to create another call handler to facilitate the call transfer. If so define the extension of the transfer destination as the extension of the new CH and then set the transfer action to send to extension of the target. It sounds more complicated than it actually is.

Response Signature

When unity transfer the call, it play a message " wait we transfer the call" is that okay for you or  are you looking for a message played repeatedly till the agents or user pick the call ?

when user press 1 or 2 or 0, it goes to a extension or hunt group ?

Response Signature

Thank you very much for your help, what I am looking for is that when someone calls the greeting is played with the possibility that the caller can dial an internal number without having to finish listening to the greeting, but if the caller does not know any internal number. to wait until UNITY transfers it directly to a hung group that I have already established in CUCM.

That is, I have an audio that says: thank you for contacting my company, if you know the internal number, dial it or wait and they will assist you.

Thanks for the help as I cannot configure it correctly, I have no problem configuring with options and then diverting the call to an internal number or an on-hook group but I cannot or do not know if I can do what I need.

Thanks

Try attached Document. 

Response Signature

Thank you very much, I was able to achieve what I wanted by creating two CHs.

in the second CH I transferred it to a hung group that I have in CUCM.

But I had two little problems after that:

-The first little problem is that after listening to my audio it takes me to the group hanging up but before hearing an audio from the CUC that says "thank you for calling, please wait and I will refer you with an available extension", something like that.
Is it possible to remove that audio?

- The second problem is that when I dial an intern number that I have in CUCM, an audio from the CUC responds asking me to verify the number and try again, I have the CUC-CUCM integration through SIP-

but I don't know if something else will be missing, maybe I should add all Users that are in CUCM to CUC or sync with LDAP?

Thanks

But I had two little problems after that:

-The first little problem is that after listening to my audio it takes me to the group hanging up but before hearing an audio from the CUC that says "thank you for calling, please wait and I will refer you with an available extension", something like that.
Is it possible to remove that audio?

I assume its played from your Hunt Group settings. Check if you have Queuing  and Network Hold MOH Source & Announcements enabled on Hunt Pilot.

If enabled, You can customise the message settings from below page. 

Screenshot 2021-05-16 at 11.41.16 AM.png

- The second problem is that when I dial an intern number that I have in CUCM, an audio from the CUC responds asking me to verify the number and try again, I have the CUC-CUCM integration through SIP-

but I don't know if something else will be missing, maybe I should add all Users that are in CUCM to CUC or sync with LDAP?

Thanks

You need to check the below.

• On the greeting page make sure you Selected  “Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers
  • Sip Trunk should have proper CSS which can reach internal extensions.
  • You may need to edit restriction table.

Response Signature

Dear, good afternoon, I don't know if my last question was sent.

As for my first problem, you were absolutely right, only placing - not selected - in the Initial Announcement stopped giving the message.

As for the second issue, I keep trying to get dialing an extension while playing the greeting to transfer it.

I have already been able to verify everything you advise me and it is correct.

The CSS is correct since the calls are transferred well to the HANGED GROUP that I have in CUCM also if I configure it to transfer directly to an extension it also does it well.

Also what I have tried is that when adding a user with its respective extension (which exists in CUCM) in CUC if I can dial while the initial greeting is playing. Does this work like this? Should I add all users with extensions from CUCM to CUC?

Thanks

If you have selected  “Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handler" then its your restriction on CUC. you need to allow the extension range on CUC restriction table.

Response Signature

Dear in advance, thank you very much for the help you are giving me and I apologize if I am asking very basic questions.

How should I use the restriction table? I paste an image as I currently have it.
With that configuration should not have problems? my extensions range from 200 to 400

Thank you so much

Default transfer.PNG

Dear I could solve it, make a modification as I show in the image, you helped me a lot, I don't know how to give you 100 points

Default sustem Transfer.PNG

Now I think I have to ask you one last question to close this post, can I change the audio that the system throws when an extension is not available? if it is possible from where do I do it?

Are you referring The audio which play when transferring to Mailbox ? if yes that you need to change it on Users >>Greetings.

Response Signature

I mean the audio that is played when I mark an extension,
That is ---> I hear the initial greeting ---> I mark the extension XXX ---> when that extension is not available or at that moment it is not registered in CUCM, an audio is played that says more or less like this "check the number and try again "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: