Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC call handler identification

divine007
Level 1
Level 1

Hey 

I need to configure CUC in such a way that when someone  calls instead of calling the persons name (directory handler) I need to instead input but the persons number for the calls to initiated 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Callers Hear setting on the Edit Call Handler Greeting page decides what needs to be played.

System Default Greeting—Select to use the prerecorded system default greeting. Cisco Unity Connection plays a prerecorded greeting along with the recorded name of the user (for example, “Sorry, <user name> is not available”). If the user does not have a recorded name, Unity Connection plays the user extension instead. When a greeting is enabled but not recorded, Unity Connection plays a prerecorded system greeting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrgx/8xcucgrg060.html#67974

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

I understand that

But am talking about the function behind. Because even you record an say "please do enter the extension of the user you which to reach" and function is not configured behind when you enter the number you will get an error message or the system won't recognise the operation.

So I have a problem of configuring that function behind so that when the extension is entered the call should be sent to that extension.

Thanks