Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 and PLM 10.5.0--Cannot add instance

Not applicable

I have a new CUCM running 10.5.2 and PLM running 10.5.0.  When I try to add the CM in PLM as an instance, I get the following error:

"The product type of the Product Instance does not match what is specified on the Cisco Prime License Manager."

When I fill in the information for the instance and then test the connection, it tests successfully but once I hit OK, I get this error.  I did some searching but the closest thing I found referenced trying to add a hosted CM as an instance in PLM. But that is not what is going on here.

I have also noticed that I have no System>Licensing option in CM.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you share the output of "show version active" from the cucm server and also a screenshot of the login page "https://X.X.X.X" where X.X.X.X is the ip address of the cucm server. Are you getting the following three options on the login page for cucm

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hello I'm having the same problem.

I have a new CUCM running 10.5.2.10000-5 and PLM running 10.5.0.  When I try to add the CM in PLM as an instance, I get the following error:

"The product type of the Product Instance does not match what is specified on the Cisco Prime License Manager."

As I understand I have a mismatch in the Product Instances available in My PLM and my callmanager.

PLM just support correctly "Hosted Unified CM"  but the CUCM is a "Unified CM". What is the procedure to change the callmanager to bee ssen as a "Hosted Unified CM"?

Thanks

Hello,

I presume you use Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution. (HCS)

Please make sure you add the Cluster in PLM instance by using the HCM-F server.

In HCM-F (in my case 10.1.2) go to License Management / License Management Summary and click "Assign" at the top. Select the Cluster (should already be added by HCM-F or in 10.1.2 by provisioning this in Domain Manager) and Assign.
The selected server will REBOOT.
After this is done, your PLM (hosted) is good to go!

Hope this helps!