Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool for VG224

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently using CUCM 7.1.3 and the Bulk admin took to add about 60 VG224's to the system. As im begining this process im seeing that im successfully adding the Gateway configuration settings are being copied over, as well as the single DN, however in the Directory Number Configuration my

Alerting Name:

ASCII Alerting Name:

Display (Internal Caller ID):

ASCII Display (Internal Caller ID):

External Phone Number Mask:

Fields are not being populated. I am having to manually go in and fill those in. There is no place in the excel .bat file to add these fields as there are in the add/update phones spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how I can make this part of the Bulk tool? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Nick

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using SCCP or MGCP?  If you are using SCCP, then I believe you can modify the file format to include the additional fields and then just add them manually to the BAT spreadsheet that you use to import data.  I can test that at a later time in a 7.1(3) lab environment but, theoretically, with SCCP this shouldn't be any different than most BAT actions.  In essence, you are just adding SCCP stations.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

No SCCP, we are using MGCP in our environment. It does specifically say that the "create form fields" button is missing from from the MGCP .bat so im guesing that it probably isnt supported then, or there is another way to do it. I just can not imagine that it would leave you to manually go back and add that information in.

Nicholas:  Did you figure out how to use BAT for VG224 MGCP and include line descriptions?  I am doing exact same thing on same version!  Really don't want to manually enter in info!  Thanks, John

K L
Level 4
Level 4

Nicholas Hood wrote:

Hi,

Currently using CUCM 7.1.3 and the Bulk admin took to add about 60 VG224's to the system. As im begining this process im seeing that im successfully adding the Gateway configuration settings are being copied over, as well as the single DN, however in the Directory Number Configuration my

Alerting Name:

ASCII Alerting Name:

Display (Internal Caller ID):

ASCII Display (Internal Caller ID):

External Phone Number Mask:

Fields are not being populated. I am having to manually go in and fill those in. There is no place in the excel .bat file to add these fields as there are in the add/update phones spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how I can make this part of the Bulk tool? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Nick

I do this on a regular basis. You have to create your own BAT CSV file. Use the following it should have all the fields you are looking for:

Well I was going to paste it in here, but it's just coming up blank when I paste....check my attachment.....

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect

Thanks this worked great! Edited it to my needs and saved so much time. 

I'm on 8.6.2.

Just used this to import several VG350s, worked great!  Thanks so much, this really saved a me a lot of time.

Hello - Do you have any luck with the BAT file format to add VG3XX with Enterprise Alternate Number & E164 Alternate Number for the MGCP ports on CUCM 11.5.1 ?  Those fields doesn`t seem available to add as the file format. Also I tried Export--->Alter--->Import method of the gateway data as well with no luck. Appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,
Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: