cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM in AWS Amazon Web Service Cloud

DrVoIP
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to export a CUCM Virtual Machine image to an AWS EC2 instance.  Running into a number of challenges and am wondering if anyone else has tried it or has actually done it successfully?   I would be interested in sharing experience and lessons learned.  I am following the procedure for exporting vmware images and importing to AWS.  Perhaps someday we can see collaboration components in the AWS Marketplace.  Thanks -

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog
7 Replies 7

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Are you using VMware Cloud on AWS for this or strictly using the VM import/export utility? For an on-prem "UC on UCS" environment I'm interested in trying out the AWS Migration Hub with the Discovery Connector. But unfortunately none of this is Cisco supported, as of yet.  

- Hugo 

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM isn't supported in AWS yet, won't be until 12.5 running on VMware Cloud on AWS.

Can i host CUCM 11.5 on Azure cloud services and is it supported by Cisco

ahondroulis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi DrVoIP,

did you manage to migrate the CUCM on VMware Cloud on AWS? If yes, what type of instance/specs did you have to resort to on the AWS side (instance processor type, RAM, EBS VOlume size and type etc? and what CUCM version are you running on the ESXi in VMware Cloud on AWS?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Kind regards,

A.

DrVoip,

Did you ever move that CUCM into AWS environment? You have been at it since 2018. That’s having vision. Well I’m going to attempt at least the CUCM 12.5 onto AWS. Have you been able to successfully install it? If so I would truly appreciate your input. 
Thank you so much for having vision,

Unitech23

FYI, currently neither native AWS nor VMWare on AWS are supported platforms for CUCM, the latter was shortly supported but is no longer supported at this time. The "replacement" for VMWare on AWS would be UCM cloud.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Good morning Jaime,
Is there any insight on CUCM being hosted on the AWS Web Services.
Thank you,
Unitech23

Roadmap questions are NDA and cannot be discussed at public forums, you'd need to reach out to your SE/AM for this question.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: