Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Jabber external SIP URI dialing not working

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support team,

I have a requirement to configure Expressway Traversal calls to make video calls with external client and vendors. I have configured Expressway C and E with traversal client and traversal server zones. configured transformation and search rules. Created neighbor zone to point to CUCM servers. All zones are active.

I also configured SIP security profiles/sip profiles and SIP trunk to point to Expressway C in CUCM (enabled FQDN dialing in SIP profile). Created SIP route pattern with "*" as domain routing.

Now when I dial any external URL from my Jabber (example: loopback@ciscotac.net) I can not see the dial button active.

I have made below changes in CUCM

1. Changed the partition of directory URI to auh_interal in enterprise parameter from null.
  2. URL lookup policy to case insensitive in enterprise para.
  3. URI Dialing Display Preference changed to URI in CCM service parameter.

I have updated jabber xml file to include SIP URI dialing.

Expressway version: 8.9.2

CUCM version: 10.5.2

Jabber version: 11.8.3

Kindly help to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Siraj

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you reset the TFTP after uploading the updated .xml with SIP URI dialing enabled?

Have you tried to reset Jabber to make sure you get the latest .xml?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

Yes. I have restarted all the CUCM server TFTP services and also reset Jabber and deleted temp files. Still no luck. I have attached the xml file. I have SIP route pattern with "*" pointing to trunk to Expressway C.

did you fix this? i am having the same issue

Would it be possible to guide on this thread?

sip route pattern try *.*

Any help.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For the more recent people replying and finding this thread, you should reference the following document, which pretty much walks you through the entire process of making this work, with screenshots and all.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/midmarket/Aug2016/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000.pdf