Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License Usage Monitoring

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I know there are several types of license, such as Essential, Enhanced, Enhanced Plus, etc. Is it possible to monitor the usage of each type of CUCM license? Or at least send periodic report to email regarding license usage?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's 12.x+ only, and yes, you can configure a daily email with info regarding the licenses status.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi,
you can use cisco prime license manager to check license usage.

regards.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

Thank you for the reply. I know it can be checked via CPLM and CUCM. But is it possible to create an alert regarding the usage? Sometimes I am not aware that my license is running out. And I'm afraid I cannot rely on the grace period.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On your CUCM web Interface you will choose Cisco Prime License:

CiscoPrimeLicense.png

Then you will go to Licenses-> Usage and you will find the report of the available licenses and where these are used:

Report.png

Hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George,

Is it possible to monitor the usage? I mean, when the license is about to run out, the CUCM (or other system) will send an alert regarding this.

Thank you.

It is possible to setup alerting on RTMT to receive email notifications:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/117890-technote-cucm-00.html

This is also described on the post below:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/licensing-notifications/td-p/3096050

Hope this works for you,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George,

Should I not close the RTMT? Or the monitoring process can run on the background?

I will start to dig deeper regarding the available alarms. Who knows there is something interesting to dig in.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using 12.x+, then that would be in the smart licensing portal or your SSMS.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I'm using 11.5.1. Does the smart licensing portal and SSMS only support 12.x+? And does those features support early warning when the license is about to run out?

Thank you.

Yes, that's 12.x+ only, and yes, you can configure a daily email with info regarding the licenses status.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

May I know, what are the upsides and downsides when you upgrade to version 12.x? The current version runs pretty well and I'm kind of afraid to upgrade the version since this is a live environment.

How can I verify if I have expiring license R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 (Top Level SKU For UCL User License - eDelivery)? I have loggeed into Prime Licesne Manager but cannot see it in license usage. Thank you.

May I guess that you have a rather old version of CUCM? I would suggest to contact with a Cisco Partner and discuss about a possible upgrade, as well as the licensing scheme you may need to follow.

The current version is System version: 11.5.1.18900-97

Hello @ziqex ,

If I understand your concern, the license you refer to do NOT expire.

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: