Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Syslog

Yarin Ezra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

One of our customers have a request to know how much syslog does CUCM/UCCX/IMP/Unity generated in a 24 Hours window.

Basically in one day how much syslog database is generated by the servers (in terms of Gigabytes)?

Obviously it is a variable change, but i want to find a way to get that info and get the average amount of Gigs or megabytes that the servers generate in a week and average it per day.

Thank you all!

4 Replies 4

That’s not really a question that anyone in the community can give you an answer on as it would depend on the number of calls that is processed by your system. I’ve never seen any figures on the data amount created per call, so quite impossible to do an estimate based on X number of calls.

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

thank you for the reply.

i don’t need the Data on X number of calls.

i need the data being generated based on alerts the cucm can send to remote syslog server, for example:

RouteListExhausted alert or code yellow and such.

i guess it’s an odd request but there’s got to be a way to get that info.

I’ve never seen any information on what you ask for. It might exist, but I’ve never stumbled upon it. Let’s see if someone else in the community can help you out with this. If not I guess that you’ll need to do the hard work of outlining what output per possible scenario yields.

Response Signature

I suppose I could send all syslog traffic via the CUCM gui to remote server and monitor the traffic somehow might be a way, but I sure hope there’s an answer somewhere in the community.

Thank you Roger!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: