Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM with Digium GW - Captures showing 403 Forbidden

pathakrohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I have everything configured so that the Calls are routed to Digium GW for external PSTN calls. In the captures i am currently seeing 403 Forbidden after a SIP INVITE.

In the Digium GW it doesnt seem to have the option to use it as a non-secure trunk. It forces me to have a Username , Meanwhile there is no way to configure a Username or Authentication for the SIP trunk on Cisco . Does anyone know of any way to configure this and make this work?

Thanks

Rohan

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure if i understand your question correctly,

but in general the way a phone routes its outbound call is dependent on its CSS and or Standard Local route group.

you could group the phone and put them in one device pool and change the local route group to change outbound call behaviour.

otherwise, create the pic that you attached again and add a phone and draw the path you want it to dial out.,

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

K thanks , Ill give it a Shot. Basically I currently have this setup

Incoming Calls (Works)

Rogers PSTN ---> DigiumSIP GW--->Cisco Voice Gateway -->CUCM -->Phone

For Outgoing Calls - Have two options

Phone-->CUCM --->DigiumSIP GW -->Rogers PSTN

OR

Phone-->CUCM --->Cisco Voice Gateway ---> DigiumSIP GW -->Rogers PSTN (Unsure about configuration)

We have a group of numbers which reside on a Rogers PRI, Meanwhile we port these over to our SIP Trunk we want the calls to flow while we add the Rogers phone # to CUCM

Hopefully this makes it clear,

Thanks

R

I think it was caused by a cisco feature----Toll Fraud Prevention on cisco voice gateway.This feature blocks all calls from "unknown" endpoints unless the router is properly configured to trust these sources.If the source IP address is not configured within the "ip address trusted list" or in the "session targe" command of a dial-peer,the router will not accept the call.

Hey Dennis,

I have created a Device pool with and assigned the phones to the device pool,Have also created a Route Group and Route list for Digium SIP GW,

Please see attached is what I'm trying to acheive,