cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE not recording outside messages

pxrondin
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed an AIM CUE (version 2.1.10) on a 2821.We are using a CCM as IP PBX. CUE works fine.we can send voice messages to all user from any internal IP phone.

but as soon that an outside call is tranferred on the voice mailbox of the called people the caller message is not recorded, but the caller hears the greeting of the called people. I have controlled that codec is G711ulaw.Has anybody been faced with that problem

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should make sure that the gateway is able to send the audio (RTP) traffic to the IP address of CUE. Sometimes it's a simple IP routing issue or some network security or something. The other issue you mentioned is another common problem. If it's not using G711 you could run into this issue. CUE can't send anything else, regardless of what is configured, so you might want to put a regular IP phone in the same region/device pool that CUE is using and another one in the same one as the gateway and make sure that a call between the two does use G711.

Thanks

In the Meantime I have found the solution : I have put the "no vad" command under all dial-peer voice xx voip. I don't really understand what has happened, but when put vad in action again, the problem appears again

Regards

Patrick

Ah, I thought the CUE was integrated with the CallManager via JTAPI. if it's integrated with callmanager express or in SRST mode, then yes, it definitely needs VAD to be disabled since CUE doesn't understand an audio stream with using vad.

you were right, CUE is integrated via JTAPI with CCM, but it seems that "no VAD" is also mandatory in this case

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: