cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE on AIM-CUE

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Is there any one who has played with the AIM-CUE ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
4 Replies 4

I have a 2651XM with AIM-CUE. The system is also running CME 3.1 (software version on router is 12.3.7T)..Couple of issues..

1. I want to setup the CUE to import users already configured in the CME. When I run the Initialization wizard on the CUE administration page, it asks me to enter the CallManager IP address, as well as JTAPI username and password. I expected it to ask for CallManager Express router IP address, admin username and password. Please see attached snapshot.

Any ideas ??

Are there two different CUE images one which integrates with CallManager and one which integrates with CallManagerExpress?

2. Also when the CUE initializes it has the following boot sequence (partial boot sequence).

INIT: Entering runlevel: 2

********** rc.post_install ****************

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 4

INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal

STARTED: cli_server.sh

STARTED: ntp_startup.sh

STARTED: LDAP_startup.sh

STARTED: superthread_startup.sh

STARTED: SQL_startup.sh

STARTED: HTTP_startup.sh

STARTED: ${ROOT}/usr/wfavvid/run

and after this it keeps displaying "waiting X" where X will increment from 1 and goes upto 400 (This is typically 400/60 = 6 minutes approximately). Only after waiting for atleast 6 minutes can I access the CLI or the GUI of the CUE module. Any idea why this happens ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Sankar.

Let's break the issues into stages, this being the first. What license are you using?

There are two different license images, but, named very similar.

Make sure your using an image that has CME in it. For example: cue-vm-12-license.1.1.1.cme.pkg. If the .pkg file you have installed says ..ccm.., then that will need to be replaced.

( http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-netmodule11 )

Let me know, then we can move to the next stage.

Thanks

Sankar, issue #2… This is the default behaviour of AIM module.

The processes are being intialized while the scripts are running. They do take a few minutes. I have not timed the AIM, but, the NM-CUE does take 3-4 minutes after you get the CLI prompt for the system to reach the ONLINE state.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: