Helpful
Replies

CUE Script probleme when DN is Busy

david.raasch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have configured a short script.

Call will accept than you here a prompt. Then there are happend a Call-Redirect to a extension in the CME. When the call is successfull it work fine. Then i have configured under the value busy a prompt. But i didnĀ“t hear this prompt. I only hear a busy.

Then i have configure a Boolean with true and false quere and made a if quere. But i didnĀ“t hear the prompt. Has anyone a idee why this is so?

Thanks best regards David

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

A few concerns about your script -

a. You are playing the same prompt variable Besetzt at the top of the script as well as when its Busy. Was that a typo ?

b. Your boolean var Busy is true - initially, so why set it to true again when it turns busy. I think you should set it to false (by default) and set it to True under Busy branch. This way you dont have to set any thing for Invalid and unsuccessful branches.

c. Rather than using "if (Busy==true)" you can use "if (Busy)" because Busy is a boolean variable whose value is either true or false.

d. I dont understand why you need a Busy boolean variable. Just play the appropriate play prompt under each branch of the Call Redirect flow.

Call Redirect

|

|--> Busy

|

######---> Play Prompt (busy)

|

|

|--> Unsuccessful

|

#####|---> Play Prompt (whatever)

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi,

i have made test d. It didnĀ“t work. I get a busy signal. I have take a prompt and take it under busy. I do not understand it.

David

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml#integration

"Cisco Unity Express currently supports integration to Cisco CallManager or Cisco CallManager Express. Although the script itself does not change, the integration method can result in some slight differences. When you execute a Redirect step, which logically transfers the call from Cisco Unity Express to an external extension, this integration method is critical. When integrated with Cisco CallManager Express, which is the same for a Cisco CallManager integration currently in SRST mode, the signaling is done through SIP in the form of a BYE/Also message. What this means is that a redirect hangs up the call to Cisco Unity Express and tells the Cisco CallManager Express/SRST router to connect the caller to the extension specified in the "Also:" portion of the BYE message. If that extension is invalid or otherwise unreachable, the caller can be dropped. This is because there is no way for Cisco Unity Express to reclaim that call and be notified that the transfer fails. It is a true blind transfer. If the call redirects to an unregistered or busy or extension that does not answer, the regular call forwarding rules that apply to that directory number are in effect. Cisco Unity Express is no longer a part of the call. This also means that when you script Redirect steps, currently there is not much of a benefit when you add code to deal with busy/invalid/unsuccessful redirects, since the redirect itself is equivalent to a disconnect. There is no failure case possible."

Great catch Markus! Are there any plans to change this behaviour (may be a configurable parameter) in the future ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus