cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Ring Tones

bwoolley
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is fluff, but I have been asked if there is a way to create custom ring tones from wav files. I tried to follow the Cisco doc on this, but they all sound terrible. anyone had any success with this?

6 Replies 6

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I think we have had good success doing this. It may be the program you are using to convert the files. We used cool edit is a shareware program you can get from download.com or something like that.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Where are the documentation about custom ring tones in cisco???

Cool Edit is a really good way to go - it's easy to use and cofigure to create the ring files - I can pretty much turn out a custom ring file in about 5 minutes from start to finish once I have the sound. If you need help - please feel free to contact me.

Thanks and happy ringing!

Gerri

I ha dused some other audio package with success in the past - but since i forgot what it ws s- I tried cooledit - I can' figure out how to set all the right values - I can get the 8-bit and 8000 samples set - but the whole thing still sounds like gibbersih - anyone got a couple 1-5 step lists on creating them?

- ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: