cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Softkey

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to add a custom softkey to ccm4. I have the url that the button press would need to activate but i'm not sure where the file is to add the code to for the softkey. Is there a doc for this or does someone have any example? Also, is this different of available on ccm6?

4 Replies 4

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Where do you want to add a custom softkey? To existing phone template or assign it to speed dial or have it accessible via services button on the phone?

Existing phone template. If thats not doable than i'm shooting for services. Our problem is clunky menu's on 7911's, so the service needs to be more easily accessible.

Does the fact that it's a 7911 make any differencee? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

7911 is indeed an issue.. with phones that have line keys you can take a line key and put the application there. Since application softkeys are not possible in the telephony context, you're basically SOL on those type of phones.. people have to press the service key, then option 4 and then select the application to get there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: