cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Department Search with Call Manager Active Directory integration

as.pillai
Level 1
Level 1

Sub: How to search by Department in the Corporate directory through IP phone xml services

I have configured Cisco Call manager to access Active Directory to get all the IP phone users , by installing CM to ADS plugin provided by cisco call manager.

In Active Directory I have used FirstName ,LastName ,telephoneNumber,Department attributes.

In the Call Manager I have configured corporate directory in the enterprise parameter(http://ccm33/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp).

This is the default ASP file provided by Cisco. Since this only shows 3 attributes for search , I have added another field department in the asp file .

So now when I browse corporate directory in ip phone I get 4 input parameters.I am able to search by Firstname,Lastname & telephonenumber for users listed in the Active Directory.

But since there is no search method defined in xmldirectorylist.asp file to search by department name ,I am not able to list all users based on department.

There is a Activex component used DBLX.dll which has all the listed functions to search by Firstname,Lastname & telephone number .We just have to pass the variable string to these functions to get desired entries.

But I couldn't find any function to search by Department name.

Is there any way we can add search criteria in the xmldirectorylist.asp to search by Department name.

Since call manager's web interface provides search criteria to search by Department name,I feel this can be achieved through the ip phone xml interface also.

Your suggestions & feedbacks will be highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

We've had the same request from our customers (we're a Cisco partner). We went through the same process you did, looking at the components within the CallManager admin interface to see if they could be borrowed. We eventually came to the conclusion it would be easier to do it ourselves with simple LDAP lookups. Ours is highly customizable - you can manipulate name displays in a few ways, optionally display the department choose not to show users without telephone numbers, etc.

The bad news is we put a lot of effort into it, and our employees like to eat, so it's a product we sell and not something we give away. This also enables us to provide support and also to improve the product based on customer suggestions. If you're interested, contact me at jyoung@evelocity.net.

Hi Jyoung

Thanks for your cooperation, At last my consulant Sandeep Nag has successfully developed a solution for this.

He has developed this using ADSI (Active Directory Services Interface)

this has solved a major problem since our project got struc due to this issue.

So instead of cisco provided asp pages he has developed our own using ADSI.So now we can pitch this solution to our other clients also ..

Thanks