cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Question- 20 queues

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a fairly complex call Center. I have setup IPCC several times, but this is the largest one I have done.

Facts-

-We will have about 20 queues with about 40 agents (very few agents per queue).

-We will have a menu system 3 levels deep.

-We would like to have the ability to transfer a person directly into a specific queue using a Direcotry number (with a DID)

Options-

1. I can put everything into one big script. I beleive I can use multiple Select Resource steps (20) in the script, but that sounds rather cumbersome and probably not very efficient. Not sure exactly how I would transfer directly to the queue

2. I can create a main script for the initial menuing system, and then create a script and application for each queue and use the call subflow step. This seems better, but still not sure how I could transfer to the queues. (perhaps using a code or some other info passed from CM)

3. I can create a main script for the initial menuing system, and then create a script and application for each queue (with a direct DN). I can transfer people from the main script to the queues usig the transfer step. Is it possible to still use the call subflow step??

Most people will be calling DID numbers that will go direct to the queue, or only one level above with a choice of a few queues (less than 5). The menuing system is only for people that have not called us before (which is very few)

So to summarize- Is it best to have one script with multiple select resource steps (queues) or is it better to break them up into individual script/applications?? Is it ok to use the transfer step to get to a queue or is call subflow better??

5 Replies 5

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Hope your requirement is as follows... Do correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You have 20 CSQs.

2. Each CSQ be reached by dialing a direct DID number.

E.g

Inorder to reach a CSQ, named CSQ1, caller can come via main-flow, choose a menu which branches to Select Resource Step using CSQ1 or dial a DID that executes a script, which uses Select Resource with CSQ value as CSQ1.

My suggesstion is to use two different scripts. The script flow is as follows...

Main Script...

-->Start

-->Accept

-->Menu

----->OutPut1

--------->Redirect to RP1

----->OutPut2

--------->Redirect to RP2

etc

----->End

The script configured to RP1 will be

--->Start

--->Accept

--->Select Resource(CSQ1)

----->Connected

----->Queued

Queue Treatment steps

--->End

So if the caller dials the DID to enter into CSQ1, configure in such a way that this DID is directed to RP1 which executes the corresponding script for CSQ1.

Similarly if the caller hits DID for CSQ1, when hits the Queued branch and if you wish to place this call to CSQ2, you can redirect the call to different RP2, which is configured with a script that uses Select Resource step with CSQ value as CSQ2.

Do get back for further queries.

Regards

Yogi

Yogi, That is exactly what I want to do. I was leaning towards the 2 script method with a redirect (transfer) from the main script. I just wanted to bounce the idea off some other people.

One question- Does a call subflow make any sense when trasferring from the main script to the queue script?? or am I just thinking too much and using the redirect (transfer) makes the most sense??

Another option for the 1 script method could be to pull the number dialed for each call and based on that, set a variable for the appropriate CSQ.

Then you would only have 1 Select Resource step, but it would be referencing a variable based on the DID.

- Bill

- Bill

Hi,

Another approach is by having 1 script with callsubflow for queueing the call. In the parent script pull the number dialed for each call and based on that set a variable for appropriate CSQ and call the subflow by passing this variable as parameter. In the callsubflow script, do the select resource step with the CSQ name to queue the call.

Ex. script goes like this

-------------------------

Main Script

-----------

->Start

->Accept

->Menu

--->Output 1

--------->Set CSQName = "CSQ1"

--------->Call Subflow - QueueScript.aef (Passing CSQName as parameter)

--->Output 2

--------->Set CSQName="CSQ2"

--------->Call Subflow - QueueScript.aef (Passing CSQName as parameter)

etc

->End

Subflow script QueueScript.aef

----------------------------------

--->Start

--->Select Resource(CSQName)

------->Connected

------->Queued

----------->Queue Treatment steps

--->End

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

Hi,

You can use Call-SubFlow method to get transfer from the main script to queue script. Please note that when a Subflow is called, the END within the called subflow provides the return back to the parent script and will continue with the steps in main script. Hence care has to be taken in the main script to handle such conditions. If you want to avoid such cases, best approach will be to use redirect step.

Regards

Yogi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: