Views
Helpful
Replies

Device with 2 lines

NightmareonWax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think i have a simply question, but can't solve it by myself.

I have a 7940 device with mobility extension. The profile of the mobility extension user has configured 2 seperate incoming line buttons. The first line is the direct line of the device and de second line is a line from a Hunt group.

Question:

If the user is busy with 1 line, the device have to go in busy status voor the second line too.

At the moment the user has a call and there is a second call coming in on the second line, but after a while the call on the second line fallback in the system and choose another Agent.

But voor the first agent is this a missed call. In this case the agent have many calls in the stats...

I hope u can understand my problem, it wasn't easy to write is

thx a lot !

Wax

3 Replies 3

NightmareonWax
Level 1
Level 1

I know it is difficult to read...

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wax,

Don't worry my friend, this makes perfect sense.

The problem as you have noted, is that a Hunt config does not look at whether the

phone is busy it only looks at the line/DN/extension that is part of the line group

to see if it's busy or not before routing the call. If you are busy on a secondary line

the Hunt Pilot/Hunt group/line group does not take this into consideration.

So you really only have two options;

1. make the number on the phone that the person uses for calling incoming/outgoing

the same as the number listed in the Hunt config

2. use the Hunt group login/logout procedure to make the person unavailable when necessary

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thx for your time. It brings to another idea. If i turn of the "Log Missed Calls" checkbox from Line 1...Maybe with this feature is it possible to do not recognize missed calls on this lines in the statistics...

Thanks for reading

WaX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: