Views
Helpful
Replies

dial-pattern issue

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

hey,

ccm 4.0 central site. 10 remote sites using MGCP. each site configured with a 9.@#. created new partitions for PSTN access for each site so can be able to call only though thier gateways and no other. here is the thing. everything was working great for the past 7 months or so. recently, ive been getting calls from two sites that when the make calls, the person see a number from another location. ive cheked and checked and partitions and CSS are how they are supposed to be.to fix the issue i have to inseart specific patterns instead of the wild card..

example instead of 9.@# i put 9.[6789]XXXXXX#

it works fine with i do that. but anytime i put the @ pattern it stops now..my question is how come.

1 Reply 1

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is not the United States, I do not recommend using 9.@.. This dial pattern is specific to be used in the US.. Now, 9.@# is not something I have ever seen before..I do not recommend it at all. If you are using the # for a termination character, then, you should use 9.[6789]XXXXXX# and so on.. You will have to use different partitions and make similar route patterns in each partition.

Having said that, I will have to loook at traces as to why it is sending a different ANI. Do you have any translation patterns? For ANI, are you just using external phone number mask? Check if you are manupilating ANI in the RL or RG.