cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial tone issue

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

We are having an issue that when the users dial 9, they do not get dialtone. Apparently they used to, but aren't any more. The gateway has been issued a reset command. Since these gateways are set to graceful resets, it will reset when there are no active calls on the line.

I will looked for any pattern that begins with 9 that either does not have the outside dial tone option selected or is a DN for another device.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I helped someone last week with a similar issue. Take a look at this thread to see if it helps.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd96ec8/2

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin

View solution in original post

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Its not a problem with the gateway, but with route patterns starting with 9 and atleast one of then do not have the "provide outside dialtone" checked. Do a search on the route patterns and Route Plan report for numbers starting with 9 and check each one of them.

If you have enormous number of route patterns a SQL query would be helpful. You can use this SQL query on the CCM database.

select * from NumPlan where DNOrPattern >= '9' and OutsideDialtone = '0'

OutsideDialtone = 0 means it is not checked, and will give you any patterns that do not have the "provide outside dialtone" checkbox checked.

Also check for any phone, cti ports, route points with DN starting with 9.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I helped someone last week with a similar issue. Take a look at this thread to see if it helps.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd96ec8/2

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Its not a problem with the gateway, but with route patterns starting with 9 and atleast one of then do not have the "provide outside dialtone" checked. Do a search on the route patterns and Route Plan report for numbers starting with 9 and check each one of them.

If you have enormous number of route patterns a SQL query would be helpful. You can use this SQL query on the CCM database.

select * from NumPlan where DNOrPattern >= '9' and OutsideDialtone = '0'

OutsideDialtone = 0 means it is not checked, and will give you any patterns that do not have the "provide outside dialtone" checkbox checked.

Also check for any phone, cti ports, route points with DN starting with 9.

Thanks a million for your help. I had a phone out there with an extesion of 9999. When I initially checked, I looked at all the patterns and they did have outside dial tone...I never thought a phone would do it.

Thanks again.

For this change to take affect do you need to restart the Gateway?