cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

did extension not appear when calling mobilephone?

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

dear sir,

Our environment have 1 publisher and 1 subscriber in a cluster. Both ccm version 4.1(3)sr2 . We have cisco3725 which are running mgcp services for pstn. We felt weird why when we perform outbound calls to our mobilephone for testing. We cannot see the DID from the extension number appear on our mobilephone? We can only see the pilot number appeared? For example:- The pilot number is 1110000 and the extension number is 33333 . By right, we should see 1113333 appear on our mobile phone? We can only see 1110000 appear on the mobile phone. we perform a debug isdn q931. It always show the "calling number is 222XXXX" number. Maybe 2221234 sometimes. Any idea? please advise. thank you very much.

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the callerID setting can be set in a few places.

one is on the phone line itself, another is on the gateway itself.

for the most granularity, you can set it on the phone via 'phone configuration>>directoryNumberConfiguration>>lineSettingsForThisDevice>>externalPhoneNumberMask' setting

for a 'global' setting, put it on the gateway configuration page, under the 'outboundCalls>>callerID DN' setting.

example:

if i want all calls out a gateway to have DIDs shown, i put:

202491XXXX on my gateway configuration.

if i have an exception, i would put the externalPhoneNumberMask on the phones directoryNumberConfiguration.

hi gpulos and all,

thank you for your helps. I've tried but same problems, can't appear the correct extension did on the mobilephone.

Here's the sample debug isdn q931

*Jul 23 06:09:37.733: ISDN Se1/1:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x03A9

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98382

Exclusive, Channel 2

Display i = 'Spsn IT Regional Helpdesk'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '33800'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0125667835'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

I hope the "Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '33800' " should appear '8883800' ?

Any idea how to do that? please advise. thank you .

assuming you set up the external phone number mask on the line correctly you also have to, In the route pattern you are hitting you have to check the box to allow each phone to use it's own external phone number mask. Did you do that?

I've tried on 1 phone to set the external phone number mask 888XXXX but same problems, i still can't get the DID.

dennisleduc
Level 1
Level 1

This could be related to your provider who may be replacing the entire outbound number with the pilot number. In CCM gateway, changing the Outbound Calls Called Party IE number type to national, subcriber, unknown can affect this. Check to see what the provider accepts.