Views
Helpful
Replies

different rings ...

f-vanryckeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if it possible to configure the phone and/or the call manager to have a different ring based on calling number. If the number belongs to the numbering plan of the call manager, I can set a ring. And if the all comes from the PSTN, another ring.

Regards

Frederic

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Right now depending on the gateways you are using you get a different ring if the call is from the outside or from and IP phone. When the call is from the pstn you should get two shorter rings and when it is from an IP phone you should just get one longer ring. You cannot have to separate rings at this time.

Thank you,

-Mckee

You say ... it depends on the gateway, do you mean that this is only supported by skinny GTW ?

For my own, I am using a H323 GTW and I remark no diffence between an internal call and an external call.

Do I have to set an extra parameter or do I have to change a default value by another one ?

Thanks

Frederic

You need to set the H323NetworkLocationOffNet CCM service parameter to T. This will provide the distinctive ring for an inbound call. For MGCP then you would set the MGCPNetworkLocationOffNet service parameter to T.

Thanks,

Joe

where is MGCPNetworkLocationOffNet (or the H323 one for that matter)? I've looked thru all the service parameters but don't see it. I'm using CM 3.1.1 and a 6608 T1 gateway.