cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Signage - Displaying JPEG Options?

troyheiss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are deploying out a few 4400 DMP Units for Digital Signage use and I currently have a crude way for a couple of locations to display their JPEGs on the TVs.

The Users access a directory on an IIS box and will copy over "Slide1.jpg" with a newer "Slide1.jpg."  The DMP presentation works fine because it is referencing the entire URL path down to the filename of Slide1.jpg.

Another group of Users would like to use that solution vs. logging into our DMM, but were asking if the filenames could change on a whim and not be static like the current Slide1.jpg "stuff" I have setup.  They use different dates in their filenames.

Heck, I'm not sure how to do that.  I tried not specifying the exact filename in the URL...ending it with *.jpg.  Crazy, I know, but it would've been awesome had that worked.  ; )

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time!

Mr Mister

1 Reply 1

mjuarez2
Level 1
Level 1

Since you are deplying the 4400, and can therefore use HTML, one way would be to use a database to store the names of files and locations, and then with a simple interface, the user can select from the slides that they want to display, which they could have uploaded prior. Your dynamic page could then display the image.

-Michael