Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Personal Directory/FastDials in CUCM5.1

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Can you? It's now under the Directories button :-(

We don't want to provision this for our client, they are using Speed Dials already, and we are using a Speed Dial Service on the phone anyway

6 Replies 6

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

This problem is due to a design change in Cisco Communications Manager 5.x. Prior to Cisco Communications Manager 4.2, the Personal Address Book (PAB) and My Fast Dials had been composed of a set of Web pages, an IP Phone Web Service, an ActiveX object, and a library. In Cisco CallManager 5.0, the IP Phone Web Service was converted from Active Server Pages to JavaServer Pages.

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.x, the Personal Address Book and My Fast Dials have been integrated into the Unified Communications Manager.

Thanks, but I know all of that, I just like to see if it can be disabled, it should be an optional feature...

Does anybody have an answer to this?

I have the same issue, I think the Fast dial feature is confusing, can it be disabled?

Hy out there!

I think you have to make a empty Menu Webpage (or your Personal Directory Webpage).

And under Enterprise Parameter you change the Directory Webpage to your selve created one. So you should have at least the First three entries from the phone and the others from your webpage. I will try it tomorow

cheers Floh

I was thinking in the same direction, but the corp directory still needs to show up, so I thought we could use another webserver just to show the corp directory entry

Back again!

So our need is to disable also the Coorporate Directory, because we have a service for every Cooporation. So we to a Customized Menu Page with our Directory

If this is the answer you needed please vote

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: