Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying presentations in Portrait mode

Tiberie Kirijas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum,

I'm tring to display one  presentation in portrait mode which I designed in Digital Media Designer  2.0, but everytime I play it, it displays it in landscape mode, though I  checked the portrait mode in the Orientation properties of the  template. I am puzzled. It did managed ONLY once to diplay the  presentation in portrait but never again.

I tried  reducing the Size of the Canvas, Margin Area, JPEG size but didn't help.

I  have DMS 5.2 with DMP 4400 and Cisco LCD 100PRO 40N combination. Is  there any other setting which I am missing?

Regards,

Tiberie  Kirijas

2 Replies 2

Szechwan649
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I don't have the answer but a similar experience. We're using DMS 5.1 with DMP 4400 with an LCD in portrait mode (set 90 degree orientation). it didn't make a difference at first so since we're using flash files I just used a horizontal presentation with the ads running rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. This worked for a while until all of a sudden the LCD was displaying the presentation on its side again (maybe the DMP restarted?). It appeared that portrait mode was now working so I reset the presentation with ads running as the should without rotating them counter clockwise, but they were now displaying upside down. As a temporary fix I flipped the ads in the presentation 180 degrees and they are now displaying correctly. Not a fix but a temporary workaround. In your case I wondered perhaps if you just need to restart the DMP with its portrait setting.

I found the answer.

In DMPDM>Browser I changed the "Screen Rotation Angle (clockwise)" to 90 degrees and restarted the DMP. Afterwards, the presentation working in portrait mode as it should. To change back to horizontal mode, you have to set to "0" degrees and once again restart the DMP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: