Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM 5.4 install on MCS7835H3 fails to complete

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi CSC

We had corrupt disks on a MCS server and needed to rebuilt the array and reinstall the DMM OS and restore.

The server was running 5.4 and had been upgraded from previous versions since 5.2.1.

I obtained a 5.4 ISO image and it starts the install process after the initial image copy and install scripts run, after this completes it says 'it may take up to 40 minutes to complete the installation' however it never does.

It will just stay on this task for as long as you leave it.

I have tried to enter yes at the startup script timeout but it is no different it just never finishes to install.

Rebooted and tried 4 times with same result.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

2 Replies 2

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

FYI

I found that the 5.4 ISO image cannot be installed on the MCS platform, only 5.2.3 can be installed as a fresh image then upgraded using the upgrade ISO's to version 5.4.

hth

Andy

Andy,

Please refer to the Release Notes for 5.4 on www.cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_4/dms/release/notes/dms54rn.html#wp282365

Note Cisco DMS 5.4 is an upgrade-only release. We do not sell it preinstalled on any server.

So as you have mentioned you need to be on a prior release and upgrade to Cisco DMS 5.4.

Cheers!

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: