Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM and DMPs 4400G problem

Houssam Chahine
Level 1
Level 1

Good day everyone,

I have a DMM running version 5.2.1 and DMPs 4400G running as well ver 5.2.1. Everything was running smoothly until couple of days ago, when out of sudden, the DMM starts seeing the DMPs as down. Physically the DMPs are running and are reachable. Furthermore you can browse the DMPs from the DMM itself even when stating them as down.

I tried to restart the DMM and the DMPs, and to restart the services. Once the DMM is up after reboot, it starts discovering the DMPs as up, and after like 1min it shows them as down therefore i can't publish any media content, though the DMPs are pingable and can be browsed.

Does anyone have any idea about this issue.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Sellers
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the security certificate expired.  You can find out more in this notice: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/636/fn63682.html

You'll probably need to upgrade the firmware on your DMPs.  If you don't have too many, you may not need to run the hotfix, otherwise, I'd recommend the hotfix to the DMM so you can use it to schedule the updates to the DMPs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Sellers
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the security certificate expired.  You can find out more in this notice: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/636/fn63682.html

You'll probably need to upgrade the firmware on your DMPs.  If you don't have too many, you may not need to run the hotfix, otherwise, I'd recommend the hotfix to the DMM so you can use it to schedule the updates to the DMPs.

I tried to open the link, but the page displays "Forbidden link or application". Any alternative link?

Thank you in advance.

I found the solution for that on cisco website. I tried it and it worked perfectly. The solution is as per the below:

Communication can fail between Cisco Digital Media Manager (DMM) and its inventory of Cisco Digital Media Players (DMPs). However, applying the hotfix to your DMM server should prevent (or recover from) this failure in 10 minutes or less. In an affected deployment, error messages indicate that digital certificate expiration is the root cause.

NOTE:   Because the certificate expired, you can no longer use the “File Transfer to DMP” advanced task in DMM. Please use DMS-CD, instead. See CSCty23792 in Bug Toolkit on Cisco.com.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN! 
• If your DMM appliance is part of a high-availability cluster, STOP NOW. Open a case with Cisco TAC to have the hotfix installed for you. These instructions do not apply to you.

• Back up your DMM appliance.

PROCEDURE
1.     Log in to your Cisco.com account and then go to http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=280171249 .

2.     Click Download in the “DMM-patch-CSCty22538.iso” row.

3.     Download the critical hotfix.

* Its filename is DMM-patch-CSCty22538.iso
              * Its MD5 checksum is ae9e2fb72fbd5b0523488fcbb80de17e

4.     Burn the downloaded ISO to a CD-ROM at the slowest possible speed.

5.     Insert the hotfix CD into your DMM appliance, and then log in at the console as admin.

6.     In AAI, choose APPLIANCE_CONTROL > SOFTWARE_UPDATE.

7.     Choose PATCH, and then press Enter.

8.     Read the warnings and choose whether to continue.

A message estimates that the patch will be applied to DMM within 10 minutes.
A message states that Tomcat is restarting.
A message confirms whether the hotfix installation succeeded or failed.

9.     Press Enter to eject the CD.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: