cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM Content Security - group users?

davehorch
Level 1
Level 1

We want to group DMM users such that they only have access to content, presentations, and playlists that belong to their group.  Is this possible in some way.  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance, -Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

I think you'll find the settings you are looking for under DMM->Settings->User Accounts-> Role = Content Manager.

I gotta admit I haven't played around witht his a lot but I think it is what you are looking for.

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

I think you'll find the settings you are looking for under DMM->Settings->User Accounts-> Role = Content Manager.

I gotta admit I haven't played around witht his a lot but I think it is what you are looking for.

Steve

Hey thanks Steve.  I'm a noob to this DMM thing,

So, the "secret" was to go to a user, assign the role of content manager, then UNcheck the desired "All" boxes, then check the "Selected" box(es) (such as "create").  From there I was presented in the list of Media to which I could assign the permission.

What I wonder is if there is a way to do this for Presentations and Playlists as well?  As in, I don't want THEM being able to mess with MY prresentations and playlists!!  I'm still hunting around for something here...

Any ideas there?

TIA, -Dave

Dave,

Nothing I've seen in regards to restrciting access to playlist. I mean they shouldn't be able to delete this playlist if you've restricted access to the content. As a matter of workflow make sure all your users enter information in the Owner feild and just let them know "if you're not the owner, don't mess with it".

Unless you are able to give them 'read-only' access I think you're stuck with trusting them a little.

Hopefully Cisco clean up the security model in the next release - its a bit of a mess as it is now. IMHO

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: