cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP-4400G Loses Network Connectivity

Jeff Hostilo
Level 1
Level 1

I have 54 DMP-4400G media players deployed throughout our campus. Periodically, one of them will lose connectivity to the network and will not recover without a hard boot via cycling the power. We have investigated this for a while and do not see any patterns in frequency, time or specific DMP location.

Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Jeff

6 Replies 6

tmooney205
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same campus-wide issue with connectivity.  Thus far, I have found no pattern to the failures.  It is a matter of some frustration.

Hello!

I experience the same with WIFI. From more than a hundred DMPs every day about 5 disconnects. Only hard reset helps.

pevaneyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

I fear that there can be a number of reasons to see these disconnections and there is no magic bullet.

The best advise I can give is to open a TAC case specifying:

- if you can still see and renew the ARP on the next hop. So the router most of the time

- if you can still ping the DMP

- if you can still telnet to port 80 on the DMP

- what the DMP is doing when you see the problem

TAC will then guide you towards finding a likely cause.

Best regards, Peter

Tolulope Osho
Level 1
Level 1

Dont know how convinient this might be for you, but I recommend that you do a hard reset on your DMP and every

thing would be fine. I had the same problem too and that is how I got it fixed...

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Im facing the same issue with DMP 4400.

When i restart the DMP, initially it gets register with DMM & the status shows up.

After some time automatically the status shows down.

While the DMP status is down, i can ping DMP, i can access it through https ....

Attached is the snap shots of DMP (when DMP status is up),

& when DMP is down shows Red Cross into Status coulmn.

Can any body help me urgently plzzz

Regards,

I have experienced this issue once, try to get the DMP to play a presentation and see if it would… Sometimes the DMP status shows down even when it is actually up…

Try this and give a feedback….

Regards