Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP 4400G RS 232 connection with Cisco LCD 100 PRO 40N

Tiberie Kirijas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I know that this question was kinda asked before, but I still have trouble setting the DMM to control the Cisco  LCD 100 PRO 40N (Samsung) through the DMP RS 232 connection!

I have searched  and read every post on this forum, tried everything  ("Samsung_MDC_RS232_Protocol_Ver-21.pdf" & rs232.tx_hex= ) but with no avail.

We  have DMS VmWare Demo (Signs&Cast 5.2, Show and Share 5.2) and 4400G  with 5.2 firmware.

Also, I've connected the Serial  RS232 9-Pin Female to Female that came with the TV onto the DMP 4400G  and into the TV RS232 IN port, configured the DMP Display Control in the  Advance Task tab as you can see from the attach picture, and set the TV  type to Cisco 40N and Power ON and another task for Display OFF. What  am I doing wrong here!?

Any input will be  greatly appriciated!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dmarchywka
Level 1
Level 1

You first need to enable rs232 on the DMP.  For the Cisco displays, use the system task called "RS-232: Control supported, non-DMTech displays".  This will cause the DMP to reboot.  Once it has rebooted, you should then be able to use the rs232 codes or the built in Display controls from DMM.  I have tested on the same Cisco Display with included cable as was able to power the display off and then back on with the commands from DMM.

View solution in original post

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With DMS 5.2, this pretty straight forward as your JPEG attachment shows.

Take a look at the documentation...
There may have been some steps you missed...

For 5.1 & 5.2....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_1/dmm/user/guide/dsm+etv.html#wp1718477

* Connect RS-232 cable to the DMP and the LCD.
  I believe either RS-232 port should work for the LCD.  I thought the FRONT port (closet to front of TV) 
  was an IN\OUT port.  And the BACK port was just an IN port.  I used the BACK port for my testing.

* next, you NEED to ENABLE ON RS-232 controls on the DMP first.  From the DMM, issue the 
  "Advanced Task--> System Task --> RS-232: Control Supported, non-DMTech displays" for the DMP(s)
  in question.   By default, RS-232 controls are disabled.

* Create 2 new System Tasks in the Advanced Tasks Tab.

Turn ON  - Cisco LCD = rs232.tx_hex=aa11fe010111
Turn OFF - Cisco LCD = rs232.tx_hex=aa11fe010010

* Once RS-232 Control is Enabled & the New System Tasks are created, You can now issue the LCD Turn On & Off
   tasks from the DMM-DSM DMP Manager.

Note:  You can combine RS-232 commands using the "Control TV"  tool on the DMP Manager List Zone.  The "Control TV" 
is designated by the TV with Antenna Icons in the DMP List Tool bar.

If this answers your question, Please take time to mark this

discussion answered & rate the response.

Thank You!

T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmarchywka
Level 1
Level 1

You first need to enable rs232 on the DMP.  For the Cisco displays, use the system task called "RS-232: Control supported, non-DMTech displays".  This will cause the DMP to reboot.  Once it has rebooted, you should then be able to use the rs232 codes or the built in Display controls from DMM.  I have tested on the same Cisco Display with included cable as was able to power the display off and then back on with the commands from DMM.

Thank you very much Donavan! It works great.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With DMS 5.2, this pretty straight forward as your JPEG attachment shows.

Take a look at the documentation...
There may have been some steps you missed...

For 5.1 & 5.2....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_1/dmm/user/guide/dsm+etv.html#wp1718477

* Connect RS-232 cable to the DMP and the LCD.
  I believe either RS-232 port should work for the LCD.  I thought the FRONT port (closet to front of TV) 
  was an IN\OUT port.  And the BACK port was just an IN port.  I used the BACK port for my testing.

* next, you NEED to ENABLE ON RS-232 controls on the DMP first.  From the DMM, issue the 
  "Advanced Task--> System Task --> RS-232: Control Supported, non-DMTech displays" for the DMP(s)
  in question.   By default, RS-232 controls are disabled.

* Create 2 new System Tasks in the Advanced Tasks Tab.

Turn ON  - Cisco LCD = rs232.tx_hex=aa11fe010111
Turn OFF - Cisco LCD = rs232.tx_hex=aa11fe010010

* Once RS-232 Control is Enabled & the New System Tasks are created, You can now issue the LCD Turn On & Off
   tasks from the DMM-DSM DMP Manager.

Note:  You can combine RS-232 commands using the "Control TV"  tool on the DMP Manager List Zone.  The "Control TV" 
is designated by the TV with Antenna Icons in the DMP List Tool bar.

If this answers your question, Please take time to mark this

discussion answered & rate the response.

Thank You!

T.

Thank you very much Tomas! Your answer was perfectly precise and solved my issue!

I hope this post will help others find answer for this case too.

Best wishes,

Tiberie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: