I wanted to share my experience with others regarding mass deployment of DMP's via the DMM. Unfortunately I found that the documentation regarding some aspects of this process are not correctly documented (step 3).
*Note: I use DHCP so DMP's can be pulled out of the box and put onto the network with no configuration required.
1) Select DMP discovery under Advanced Tasks and add new application
2) Provide name and range of ip's you want to discover
3) Run DMP discovery from DMP manager <dmp will reboot>. Once DMP's are discovered the CDM ip for centralized management and the web account password are automatically configured.
4) For the next step I created a customized task under Advanced Tasks > System Tasks > Add Application that will fully configure all of the remaining options that I need for my deployment. <dmp will reboot>
Turn On DMP Display Status Polling Service for Cisco LCD 40" and 52"
5) If required upgrade using DMP firmware upgrade task
6) Test LCD controls, sometimes LCD status does not report back properly but after time does correct itself.
For other DMS admins that are looking to create or modify the strings used in the customized task described above there is a great firefox addon that a TAC engineer showed me called "Live Http Headers". If you use this tool while making modifications to the DMP through the web GUI you can see all of the init strings and variables used.
There are cases/situations where we have to configure custome CPTONE to resolve FXO disconnect issue. Following are situations which can arise due to FXO disconnect issue:
Phone A calls Phone B, Phone B does not answer. Phone A then goes on-hook but Phon...
Cisco announced major enhancements today to Webex Contact Center. Learn more about the highlights including
better support for the needs of large contact centers worldwide
improvements in the agent and cust...
SymptomsI’m doing a factory reset on the mobile board and it’s giving me the same issues that I wasn’t able to also send over last time. It says that it can’t connect to the server because of a firewall (we don’t have one) and then sometimes it...