Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[DMP] Serial Number

Hi Folks,            

Can we collect the serial number from DMP remotely ? If yes ... how ?

Thanks

www.avvid.net       

Leonardo Oliveira
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Nope you can't - we went down this road with no success. The best we could do is put the SN in the description field of the DMP in the DMM. Bu it isn't sotred on the device itself.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Nope you can't - we went down this road with no success. The best we could do is put the SN in the description field of the DMP in the DMM. Bu it isn't sotred on the device itself.

Hi Steven, thanks for answer. I will use your tip after collect all the serial number of DMP´s from my customer.

See ya.

www.avvid.net

Leonardo Oliveira

Hi Steven, Leonardo,

Just to make sure you have the latest on this one. As Steven said, the Serial Number is not recorded in software for the DMP-4305 and DMP-4400, so there was actually no way to implement a process to retrieve the Serial from remote for these devices.

However, this limitation does not affect the DMP-4310. So in recent software versions the Serial Number has been added to the MIB parameters available for the DMP-4310. You can retrieve this information with the following URL:

https://:7777/get_param?p=init.serial

And if you have a DMP-4310 running the latest 5.4 software, you can actually just generate a show tech from the DMP at:

https:///show-tech

This will include the DMP model and serial number on the top, in addition to other device information.

I hope this helps,

Marco

Hi Marco, thank you for share this info with us. I tested here with one 4310 from my company ... and worked very well ... but with the 4400 does not ... My company have only one 4310, the all others are 4400.  My customer have only the 4400... did you have any tip about these ones ? ... anyway... thank you for the help.

Regards

www.avvid.net

Leonardo Oliveira

Hi Leonardo,

Unfortunately the only tip for the 4400 is the one already provided by Steven... the 4400 does not store the serial number internally so there is no way to implement something similar to the 4310 unfortunately.

Regards,

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: