cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DND Softbutton

pbarlow
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this listed as an option for callmanager express on the 79XX phones. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get this on the 79XX phones running with CallManager 3.3.4sr01a

Thanks for any info

Paul

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

There is no way to set DND for Standard User softkey template in CallManager.The Standard IPMA Manager softkey template does have this softkey.

Cisco IP Manager Assistant (IPMA) application allows managers and assistants to handle phone calls more effectively. Each assistant can support up to five manager lines. Managers can enable features, such as Do Not Disturb (DND), Send-All-Calls (SAC), Immediate Divert, Transfer to Voice Mail, Call

Intercept, and Set Watch from the softkeys on the IP phone. Assistants can use the Assistant Console application to answer calls for their managers and themselves and to configure manager and assistant preferences.

Check here for more information on IPMA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008011b4a2.html

We don't want to use IPMA - don't want to have to load another application on the secretary pcs. Are there plans to make DND button available to standard users? Obviously it's possible. Besides, everbody doesn't have an assistant but still has the need for a DND button.

2 button process: Have them hit the Call Forward All softkey, then the Messages button. This forwards all calls to the users voicemail. Hit the Call Forward All softkey to disable. I still get alot of grief from my customers on this simple issue, 1 button DND vs this 2 button solution......

That's not DND in the traditional telephony terms since the user can no longer see the phone calls arriving. DND normally displays the inbound calls in silent mode.

CallForwardAll would send the calls to voice mail but not allow the user to have a visual display of the call in case he decided to take it.

Basically, DND should work with any phone on CCM like it does with CME and CCMw/IPMA.

I'm still looking for an option for this. Has anyone found a solution?

What I can think of is by providing a 'blank/silent' ring tone on the ring list. By selecting the silent ring tone, incoming call will only turn on the LED indicator and icon on the display.

See the following URL for the method of adding a ringtone on the CM:

http://www.ccmstuff.org/