cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP farm and SRST is it possible

allan.wells
Participant
Participant

I'm designing a network that requires branch offices have DSP for MTP etc.

I was going to put nm-hdv's loaded with DSP's.

Now I'm not sure that the dsp farm works when wan fails and connectivity to CM is lost.From memory i think SRST supports 3 party conference out of the box using g.711.

But what I want to clarify is can the DSP farm can be used with SRST when VG is isolated from the CM's used for conference upto 8 calls from what i read it doesnt.

One more question has anyone used the newer Cisco Enhanced Conferencing and Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers.The link says this feature provides greater scalability.

I dont see how (provides more scalability )if your still using the only Module slot on 2600 series maybe they are cheaper.And you need 12.3 (8t) and cm 4 is requird that seems like less scalability.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I'd be happy to get some feedback regarding on

The Cisco Enhanced Conferencing and Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers feature provides greater scalability and is supported on the Cisco IP Communications Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HD) and the Cisco IP Communications High-Density Digital Voice/Fax Network Modules (NM-HDV2).

Why you used them as apposed to NM-HDV's

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4952/products_qanda_item0900aecd800f8583.shtml

Thanks

A

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the router running SRST is installed with the DSP farm, the DSP farm module will not be used in SRST fallback mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: