Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP replacement in virtulization

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a concept a box with physical  DSPs must be used for VIOED conference calls. But someone told me we can use virtualized conductor and telepresence server with CUCM fro video conference call. is it right?

If right then let me know what is replacement of DSps.

BR

Abdul Karim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We dropped support for using DSPs for video conference almost two years ago, if that's what you were trying to do.

You need a video conference system, either conductor + vTP or CMS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using CUCM, then you could possibly use a soft client such as Cisco Jabber instead of hardware TelePresence endpoints.  However saying that, the experience you will get from a properly configured TelePresence endpoint will always be better than a software equivalent.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

thanks for your kind response. Yes i am going to use CUCM. Kindly help me to find out the answer of below question.

I have a concept a box with physical  DSPs must be used for VIOED conference calls. But someone told me we can use virtualized conductor and telepresence server with CUCM fro video conference call. is it right?

If right then let me know what is replacement of DSPs.

BR

Abdul Karim

We dropped support for using DSPs for video conference almost two years ago, if that's what you were trying to do.

You need a video conference system, either conductor + vTP or CMS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate