Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP resource use, AIM-VOICE-30 and NM-HDV

mpconnelly
Level 1
Level 1

The short questions are:

Can an interface (MFT-E1) in a WIC slot use DSP resources on an NM-HDV card, or only those on an AIM module?

Can an interface in the NM-HDV module use DSP resources on the AIM card, or only those on the NM module?

I have a 2651XM with an AIM module and an NM-HDV card with 3 PVDM-12s. I also have a 2MFT-E1 card (2 E1 ports). I want to access both DSP resources from the one card.

It's probably all possible with the right IOS, but I haven't found one that works yet.

If anyone has a hint it would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I have looked over the documentation, but no reference to this I can find. Based on my experience and knowledge, I don't think it is possible to have the card in NM-HDV carrier use DSPs on AIM or in another NM-HDV, etc.

The VWIC in NM-HDV has to get the DSP resources from the carrier it is plugged into.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

The MFT-E1 in the WIC slot can only use the DSP resources on the AIM and then only for call processing not xcoding or confbridging. An MFT interface in an NM-HDV module can only use DSP reources on that same module, although those DSP resources can also be used for xcoding and/or confbriding. There is currently no IOS that allows DSP resources to be pooled in the fashion you want.