Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 registered to VCS - CE8.2.1

nchandran
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all,

I recently converted my DX80's to the CE8.2.1 software and all is running fine. I have registered them to the VCS (8.5) as an H323 device. I added them into TMS (15) and loaded phonebooks into them as well. I was trying to dial numbers from my corporate directory and calls failed. If I typed it in manually they work. I have other telepresence devices (SX10/20/MX300/MX800) all running the same firmware registered as H323 which are able to perform this. Anyone know why?

Call flow for devices registered to VCS is :

Telepresence unit > VCS > CUCM

CUCM version -9.1.2

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Navin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because the TMS version to support DX endpoints with CE 8.2 has not been released yet.

You *might* get some functionality, but there's no official support on TMS right now for DX endpoints.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the release notes for CE8.2.1, DX80 supports both SIP and H323. However, this firmware is pretty new and there might be issues with dialing via TMS phoneboook.

Can you make a test calls manually and via corporate directory/phonebook and provide the log archive from DX80 and diagnostic logs from VCS?

Shashank,

Thanks for your reply. Whats strange here is that VCS has no logs of the call being made at all. DX80 just says 'Call Cancelled'. When I register as a SIP endpoint, everything works just fine.

Have you checked that H.323 is actually enabled on the DX80?

By default, it's off, you need to turn it on.  Setup > Configuration > NetworkServices, and set H323 Mode to On.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there (you can do this by editing your original post).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, Thanks for the suggestion however I think Jaime answered the question with DX80's not being 'supported' by TMS.

Cheer

Navin

The DX80 will be officially supported in TMS15.3, but I have some here working fine in TMS15.2.1.  They get all the corporate phonebooks correctly and are able to make calls (the ability to make a call doesn't depend on TMS).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because the TMS version to support DX endpoints with CE 8.2 has not been released yet.

You *might* get some functionality, but there's no official support on TMS right now for DX endpoints.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That makes sense Jaime

Thanks for your quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: