Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 R2 - 4331.

jesus.lazcano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am deploying a Cisco 4331 Gateway connected to an Avaya Gateway. What I want to do is the following. 

PSTN ---> E1 R2 ---> Cisco 4331 ---> E1 R2 ---> Avaya Gateway. 

Do you know if having E1 R2 signaling at both sides of the 4331 works? 

Thanks. 

3 Replies 3

I can see no reason for why it would not work. Have you tried it and ran into any issues with it? If so please give us a little information about the details of the problem encountered for us to be able to help you better.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

Sorry for the late response, we are now in the implementation phase. We tested R2 Integration between Cisco and Avaya G650 and the trunk seems fine, it is UP, but when we try to send a call from Avaya to Cisco I do not receive anything on the Cisco. Which debug do you recommend to troubleshoot this issue? 

Thanks. 

E1 R2 is not really my strongest area, but I would think that you'd get a far way with debug voip ccapi inout, also likely debug voip dialpeer might be usefull. Others might have more experience with R2 circuits and can give you other advice.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: