Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Notifications with AIM-CUE on 2821 Router

adam.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.. There are two issues I am having. I have a AIM-CUE card in my 2821 Router. The software versions are:

Software Version:  15.1(3)T1 / CME 8.5

CUE: Installer (Installer application) 7.0.1.0

I have a 5 channel SIP service for my phone lines in the router, this is working fine. I have set up mailboxes for each user, including the main sip service number which will take a message if phone busy or not answered.. That's all working..

My issues are:

1. When someone leaves a voice message, I have configured email notifications yet the system doesn't even attempt to send an email. I have used wireshark to trace network activity, and there is NO SMTP activity from the router at all! I have confugred the SMTP settings in the CUE card, as well as the notification settings for the users. I need to have ALL voicemail messages left at any time of the day/night emailed through to an email address as soon as they are left.

2. As the main number is an un-manned phone number, there is a mailbox user set up for the SIP service, when incoming calls are not answered the voicemail will take a message. How do I set up something so these messages left can alert me on my phone or a couple of phones that there are messages waiting?

I am wondering if I have unmatching versions of IOS and software installed.. Everything I have read, tells me this should be working.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Adam.

1 Reply 1

adam.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

After a couple of days, it just started working. Not sure what happened, or why.. However it's working, doesn't appear to have any different settings. Weird, but yay!