cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder Switch Ports Not Showing

tobiasjayson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Emergency Responder, and I'm having difficulty getting my switch ports to show up within the application... I've added the switch under LAN Switch Details with the proper SNMP strings (using RO) and I can hit the Locate Switch-Ports button and watch a debug of the snmp packets as the request enters and leaves the switch, but the switch's ports dont' show up under ERL Membership -> Switch Ports. There are several switches with ports that are there, just not the one I'm dealing with...

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are Cisco ER Server and Cisco ER Phone Tracking Engine services running? Try resetting the services. Also, CDP is not disabled on the switches?

What happens when you click the "update switch-ports" button under the switch? Do you seccessfull confirmation? Also, try Phane Tracking->Run Switch-port & phone update.

Chris

Yes, both services are running. Tried restarting the tracking engine and re-running the port locations, but still didn't show up. The manual port scan says it's been successfully forced. CDP is running on the switch, and a 'sho cdp neigh' displays all of the connected phones, as one would and should expect.

The switch is running 12.1(19). I'm going to try to upgrade to 12.2(25) to see if that makes a difference...

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hey there,

What switches and ER version are you running? If you have the new 3750 stackables, you'll need a minimum of ER 1.2(3)SRsomething...I think it's SR2. This happened to me as well.

f-castelino
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you have fixed the problem already.

If not, check that the CCM SNMP services security option is set to read.

Yep, upgrading the code on the switches did it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: