cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 139 ("There are no free Subscriptions available") when subscribing users to CUPS

codecrafter87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an app which logs in and subscribes a set of CUCM end users to CUPS via REST API in order to be able to change and keep track of the users' presence states changes.

The problem is that at 1 installation (a lot of users) I receive a lot of errors (code 139, message: There are no free subscriptions available) for subscribe end user request. The doc says that in case of this error I should: "Unsubscribe from any unused subscriptions" ("Developer guide for Cisco Unified CM IM And Presence 10.5(2)", section: "Presence Web Service Error Codes"). But for me this is not acceptable, as there is really no priority of users for subscriptions and at this point there is no mechanism for unsubscribing any user(s).

Is there some limit on CUPS/CUCM that I am not aware of and is there a possibility to increase this limit?

Or alternatively, is there some other condition that may lead to CUPS giving this response in case of subscribe end user request?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're running into a hard coded limit of 5,000 subscriptions per end user.  There is a plan to increase this to 10,000 in future updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: