Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Processing Flash Video Files With MXE3500

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a problem when trying to process flash video files. The files are uploaded to Show and Share with is integrated with an MXE3500. The upload file fails to process with the following error.

XML warning: <video><reordering-delay> must be '1' when <video><profile-id>baseline

XML warning: pyramid B picture coding not available when <video><reordering-delay> less than 4

XML warning: <video><entropy-coding-mode> set to 'CAVLC' when <video><profile-id>baseline

[EC_DEPENDFAIL] Task Execution 607 will not run due to dependent Task Execution 606. Reason = Failed.

[ECS_TASKKILL] ECS killed task 607. Reason = ConditionNotMet.

XML warning: <video><reordering-delay> must be '1' when <video><profile-id>baseline
XML warning: pyramid B picture coding not available when <video><reordering-delay> less than 4
XML warning: <video><entropy-coding-mode> set to 'CAVLC' when <video><profile-id>baseline
[EC_DEPENDFAIL] Task Execution 607 will not run due to dependent Task Execution 606. Reason = Failed.
[ECS_TASKKILL] ECS killed task 607. Reason = ConditionNotMet.

I can't find any reference at all to this kind of problem - any help would be appreciated

5 Replies 5

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Yes I have seen this. 

Give this a try as it helped me.

In the preprossing configuration make sure Task mode is set to Fast Start.

You will need to provide the following settings in the Encoder profile you are using.

• Task Mode – Fast Start
  • Entropy Code Mode – CAVLC
  • IDR Interval – 32
  • Reorder Delay - 4

John

John,

Thanks - I tried out your setting but it didn't change anything for me. I tried a couple of other test flash files and they seemed to process fine.

However I did notice that the MXE3500 is still generating the same error in the Encoder task but still completes.

The error that is hanging up seems to be in the Preprocessor task - although the error message is not very helpful.

Prefilter failed: Unknown error detected. (Unhandled exception)

[EC_COMPLETED] Task Execution 628 is now complete. Reason = Failed.

Steven,

Seems like the MXE does not like the input flash file.  Is there any differences between it and the ones that work?  Pre-processing is usally faily simple.

John

John,

Yup that was my thinking as well. I don't know how the file that is giving me problems was created - it seems to play just fine on every flash player/device I can find.

I probably need to find a way to look at the file to see what the specifics were as to how it was encoded.

Steven,

I use http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en to look at file formats.  It is free so you might want to give it a try.

Good luck.

John