Views
Helpful
Replies

Error uploading user locale & network locale

Gilles Guillerm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 7841 ipphones on a CUCM 11.x standalone server. We changed the CA root authority (so upload the tomcat, callmanager, CAPF and CTL certificates) and the new certificates are ok on the phones (CTL, ITL). The ipphones are registered, but there were still a problem with LSC installation, so I decided to make a factory reset to see....and when the ipphone cames back, it was written 'Error uploading user locale ; Error updating network locale'.

I don't know where it came from and how to solve it.....

Thanks

Gilles

15 Replies 15

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Are you using any locale on the phones. If yes, whats the locale you are using. Please try uploading the locale again and test.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi,

What do you mean with "are you using locale on the phones" ?

My phones settings on the callmanager are user and network locale = France.

On the OS admin page I have the locale user and combined network cop file installed and active.

The cluster is in mixted-mode and now the LSC are installed.

I have reloaded many times the phones and I have done a factory reset, but I still have the problem "error uploading user and network locale".

I have restart TFTP server, and after the CUCM have been restarted too.

Is there a way to see which files the phones cannot upload ?

I had a look on the CLI OS with "file list tftp *" and find many files and directory like "/france or fr_FR".

Hi there 

Can you please share the exact CUCM version, cop file, Locale file and the phone firmware version. You can also check on phone status logs from ip phone web address.

Also double check the cop files and locales are installed on all nodes including subscribers.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi,
I only have one server in the CUCM cluster.
The CUCM is in 11.5 version,
ipphones are SIP 7841 v11.7.1.xx, the cops files are :
- cm-locale-combined_network.11.5
-cm-locale-fr_FR-11.5.1.3000.1.cop
-cmterm-devicepack-11.5.1.13067-1.cop
As I told you, it was OK until I'va done a factory reset. So I think the differents versions are compatible, but something might miss.
I'd like to know if there is a way to see which files the phones cannot upload ?

Hi,
I'm facing the same problem, any updates?

Have you tried reinstalling the locale COP files after the certificates were changed?

Maren

I will try after my vaccancy on the 23 april....i don't remember if I had already try this because it was long time ago.....:-). Another point is that it seems to have TVS issues, I don't know if there can be a correlation ....

Thanks for your reply

I had the issue only with french locale cm-locale-fr_FR-11.5.1.6000-1, I have tried Canadian locale cm-locale-fr_CA-11.5.1.6000-1 and it works
(CUCM version : 11.5.1.15900-18)

Yes I did it, same issue.
Racim

same issue when you re-install the cop files after the certificate regeneration ?

I had the same issue, even I did a fresh install in lab environement, I installed the French locale file, I restored the CUCM and I got the same issue, but as I said the french canadian version works perfectly

Ok, If no solution is found in 1 or 2 month, I 'll install french canadian...(I hope it will be compliance with the unity....customers would like to customaize the voicz mail box in french)...I'll advertise you here....thanks

Hi Gilles,

do you have any update about your issue? I've the same behavior after regenerate certificate.

Thank you

Hi, no I don't. I haven't change the cop file for canadian because I think we are going to upgrade the platform. I am waiting for the autorization to udgrade....it can takes months !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: