cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Server and Extension Mobility

ppellettiere
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote worker with Fortinet firewall and a Cisco 7821with an active load sip78XX.11-7-1-17 over and Expressway server to CUCM 10.5.2. The phone will register fine but when we try and log into extension mobility we get error message "file not found". 

What am I missing in he configuration

If I connect the phone is connected locally extension mobility works fine.

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Good question, I'm not able to find anything in Expressway release notes that says it is not supported, either that it is supported. I just found an old topic from 2015, that someone quoted from an external website that it is not supported, but a lot changed from 2015. 

BUT, actually what I can find is that in the MRA configuration guide for 8.10, in page 36 in a section named "About the HTTP Allow List on Expressway-C", they write that:

You can add your own inbound rules, if clients from outside need to access other web services inside the
enterprise. For example, these services may require you to configure the allow list.
— Jabber Update Server
— Cisco Extension Mobility
— Directory Photo Host
— Advanced File Transfer (AFT)
— Problem Report Tool server 

So it looks like it can work, if you configure it properly.

Anyway, try to ask the user to go to the extension mobility feature, and why they get the "404 not found", login to your Expressway-C server and view the Event Logs, and see if there are errors about some URL that is not allowed in the HTTP allowed list. And if you see something like that, just go and add it.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EM is officially NOT supported over MRA

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

worth mentioning the latest Expressway release notes (8.10.4) has "CSCvd68778 is resolved in this release, which means that Extension Mobility works via MRA:

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4
I confirmed that the Extension Mobility over MRA on version x8.10.4 is fixed and validated using 88XX phones.
Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: