cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ext already in Use

Kenneth Salhoff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I deleted a subcriber that was using extension 10020 and then went to add someone new on the same extension. The system responds with 'Extension already in use' and won't let me add it. I attempted to run the Syscheck utility which did not resolve the issue. Any ideas?<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Sounds like the exchange mailbox was deleted before the Unity extension user was removed. In the future you should try :

1) Delete the User from Unity
2) Remove the exchange Account
3) Remove the NT Account

I understand a later version of Unity will allow orphan accounts like yours to be scanned and removed.

In the meantime you will need to go to the exchange administrator, to the Unity object and look for the CALL HANDLER for that old user, then delete this call handler.

This should allow you to re-use the extension. Please keep in mind that if you have multiple exchange servers it will take a wee while for this change to propogate through Ms Exchange.

Not applicable

Yes... in 2.4.0 and later it should handle this smoothly...

There are a couple of scripts on the tools page of my web site (below) that can help you track down orphans and/or remove them automatically that may be of use to you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: