Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility: Login Unsuccessful - Error 6

p.abbeel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CCM4.1(3) and tried to enable the Extension mobility feature. Going through the Services button and selecting Extension mobility

(service I created) I receive the following:

"Login response - login Unsuccessful - Error [6]"

Note that I didn't even arrived at entering a user id and password as I only selected the service EM.

The EM trace has only this message to say:

Apr 13 17:44:07.863 CET %EMApp-3-UNK:Error while getting dir handle :DirUser.OperationError

Thanks for any insight,

Peter Abbeel

46 Replies 46

p.abbeel
Level 1
Level 1

More info related to to EM - error 6 (the only difference is that I am already receiving the error when selecting the EM service on the phone - I am not even getting the question to enter a user id & pswd; so it seems I am not able to authenticate properly with Tomcat?):

When a user tries to log in to a phone that is configured for Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility and enters UserID and PIN, the phone displays "6."

This error occurs when the service is not authenticating the user.

A problem may exist with Virtual Directory. Verify that the Virtual Directory Login Password is correct.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Within service activation under Tomcat Web Service, please could you kindly verify or confirm which CallManager has the Cisco Extension Mobility activated.

Depending on which CallManager has the Extension Mobility service, is this the ip address specified within the IP Phone Service URL.

For example:

http://192.168.0.1/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Hope this helps

Allan.

Thanks Allen.

Verfied and it's correct. Publisher has EM running and the phone 7940 has the ip phone service as stated above (exactly the same).

Can I do a different test to make sure Tomcat is serving the EM service?

Almost pulling my hair out over here... :)

Peter

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Have you verified through the Windows service that the Tomcat service is actually started.

You can also check Tomcat via the following URL:

http://192.168.0.1/managers/list

Verify that EMAPP is started.

Allan.

When I do an http; I immediately receive "Page not found".

Following works:

https:///CCMUser/directory.asp

also Admin, User Options, etc.. But these are all https sessions (?).

Anyway, under Services I see that "Cisco Extension Moility" is activated, including Webdialer.

This last one is also failing - which worked before.

Tomcat is running - restarted it multiple times.

What am I missing :(

When webdialer is executed I get following message on the ccm:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco Java Applications

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 4/14/2005

Time: 5:22:30 PM

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

Error: WDApplicationError - WebDialer Application error

Reason: Unable to connect to CM directory

App ID: Cisco Java Applications

Cluster ID:

Node ID: EVR-SRVCCM-01

Explanation: WebDialer application error

Recommended Action: See application logs for details.

Could kindly verify in the DC Directory (DCD) Administration, go to Cisco.com > CCN > systemProfiles.

Choose Hoteling Profile.

Verify that the IP address in the URL field is the IP address of the Cisco CallManager publisher, where Extension Mobility is activated.

Also in the Service URL have you specified the hostname or IP address of the server when the EM is activated. Also have you created the appropriate host entries in your hosts file on each CCM in your cluster.

Your inital error following the service being selected on the handset does imply a problem with the setup of the EM service virtual directory.

Please also verify the following the virtual directory login service credentials within the defaultwebsite under \administrative tools\internet information services\pc\

Right-click Login Service, and select Properties.

Select the Virtual Directory tab.

Make sure Read and Log Visits are checked, no others.

Make sure Execute Permissions is set to Scripts and Executables.

Make sure Application Protection is set to Low (IIS Process).

Select the Documents tab, make sure the only enabled default doc is Default.asp.

Select the Directory Security tab and click Edit under Anonymous Access and Authentication Control.

Make sure Anonymous Access is the only option that is checked. Also under Anonymous Access, could you tell me what the username is set to.

Please exercise caution, I would be inclined to verify this configuration out of hours, specifically because of other depenicies on the IIS service.

Hope this helps

Allan.

What is the user name for logging into DC Administration? :-(

And do you need simple or strong authentication?

Select simple should be fine, the username for logging into the DC should be Directory Manager, and password will be the password you assigned during the installation when prompted for the DC password.

Allan.

Allan,

1- Hostname correctly set in DCD (Hoteling Profile)

2- Hosts file set (pings on hostname do work)

3- Read and Log Visits checked, no others

4- Execute Permissions set to Scripts and Executables

5- Application Protection set to Low (IIS process)

6- Documents tab, default doc is set Default.asp

7- Anonymous Access checked (also, authentication by Windows)- played with it on & off but no difference.

8- Anonymous username is set to |USR_Guest

Allow IIS to control password -> checked.

I've even rebooted the CCM.

Problem remains...

remark: In the Window where you can change "Execute Permissions" and "Application Protections" you are requested to select the service to which you would apply that.

What is silly is the fact that the Webdialer also refuses to work. It doesn't say it can't find the page but any attempt to use the web dialer service results in about 20 second delay and then an IE window appears with the message "Cisco Webdialer - Service Unavailable; Directory service down).

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Could you confirm whether you have enabled MLA, the reason I ask is that the anonymous user is not what I expected.

Allan, what does MLA stands for?

Thanks, Peter.

Multi-Level Administration, enables you to define usergroups and assign specific privilages to user with read-only access for example to review gateway configurations.

There are steps to re-create the virtual directory, however this should be as a last resort, hence I was trying ascertain the virtual directory username and password.

Essentially the anonymous username and password should be the same, and I was expecting the username to be CCMEML.

My problem seems quite the same as CSCef31453 however I receive error code 6 right away.

But this looks as a resolution for 3.X release?

I am running 4.1(3).