cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility on call manager 3.2(2c)

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

extension mobility installed and worked fine until today. Now when you login it says host not found. Nothing was changed.

The CRA engine status showed no subsystems - reinstalled the engine. Now the subsystems appear & you can login but the profile line numbers do not appear. Phone keeps the original numbers. I can tell its the profile because the ip phone services are different. I can then logout & return to normal. I've checked everything again and all seems fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions>

Thanks

Rob

24 Replies 24

It's an internal bug..got a reference to it on a tac case notes

I have just upgraded from 3.2.2c SPD to SPF and the fault has gone away. I actualy upgraded for a group pickup problem and the em problem resolution was unexpected and not documented in the bug fix notes.

We are having the same problem even with running SPF

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I'm back on site & here is the problem:

user logs into phone - display refreshes to correct profile, after 3-5 seconds, phone resets & comes back to correct profile. Logout, same thing happens.

No server names are being used, everything is IP address.

Tried restarting engine & call mgr - no help.

Strange thing is that if a user who has a phone, logs into another phone the phone does not reboot - this is only happening to users who do not have their own phones, that is, there is no device association in their user profile.

if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. I have a tac case open, but no help so far.

thanks

Rob

do you have the speaker disabled on the phones?

speakers are not disabled on any phones

why ?

Because i have seen exactly the same problem when the speaker was disabled, actually it can happen for many reasons. Like unavailable config file for the phone or speed/duplex mismatch between phone and switch (should be auto/auto on the switch...)

Are any phones configured with 7914's? I've seen this problem when a user logs onto a phone w/ 7914 and they don't have a 7914 on their profile. The reverse also happens (user with 7914 profile logs on to 7960 no 7914).

that was exactly my problem. Profiles that did not have 7914's caused phone resets when logging in because the phone had 7914's configured. Once 7914's were added to the profile, everything was cool.

I had several other problems but one of them was with EM not changing the profile after login.

The solution was all the updates and fixes plus ES42.1 on all servers PUB and SUB (I don't recomand ES41 as it's missing several ASP pages and you cannot configure the lines after you apply it).

Alin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: