cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
457
Views
0
Helpful
24
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

extension mobility on call manager 3.2(2c)

extension mobility installed and worked fine until today. Now when you login it says host not found. Nothing was changed.

The CRA engine status showed no subsystems - reinstalled the engine. Now the subsystems appear & you can login but the profile line numbers do not appear. Phone keeps the original numbers. I can tell its the profile because the ip phone services are different. I can then logout & return to normal. I've checked everything again and all seems fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions>

Thanks

Rob

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Try restarting the call manager. It has solved most of the transient issues like this for me.

Highlighted

try restarting the engine under /appadmin if you check the refresh button you will see the engine stop...wait a few seconds and then restart it. You will see the engine start and then the subsystems start. Once the subsystems start you should be able to use the login/logout

Highlighted
Beginner

Rob, did restarting the service correct this problem ? I have a similar problem, after login in the phone keeps its original number, and sometimes changes to the login DN on logout. I have tried restarting CRA and restarting Callmanager as well as upfrading CRA to 2.2(5) all with no effect.

Regards

Frank

Highlighted

I am having the same issue, any ideas what it could be, I have downloaded the 2.2(5) version of extended services.

Highlighted

What ended up fixing the issue was fixing the DC directory http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/dc_directory.html

Highlighted

Had you seen the problems adding users and listing the global directory as specified in this fix, or had you just seen the login not changing directory number problem? I am not experiencing the add user problem.

Frank

Highlighted

found it could be a DB sync issue between the Pub (SQL) and Sub (SQL).

as I have the 7960 registering to the publisher and they log in fine, the 7940 register to the subsciber and they come up with the same DN as the phone I'm logging into (get my device profile though - like logout , personal directories, etc). found that after you log in and **#** (reset) the set it then comes up as your DN (sometimes need to do this twice), have to do this when you log out as well (as keeps your DN and has Devices Services now)

weird - but again, appears to be replication problem - will be digging into this Thursday and if and when I find the answer, I'll post it.

cheers

Highlighted

Frank:

Haven't had a chance to try it out. But a had a similiar problem on another site where the 7940 phone kept rebooting after login or logout but the 7960 was fine. I fixed it by going into call mgr & under server, changing cm from name to IP address. I was told this was a dns issue. Anyway it worked.

Rob

Highlighted
Beginner

I have ran into this before on a 7750, where you login, the DN stays that of the phone your logging in at, but the rest of your profile is there; Personal directories, logout (not login) for example.

what I found to work in the past was to stop and start the CRA engine and if that didn't work, reboot the machine with Extended services (publisher)

But this time it occurred - none of these have worked, name of Callmanager is defined with IP address and DNS appears to be working for all other functions - like corporate directory, nslookups, etc .... ????

Highlighted

I have another thing to add, if on logging in, the DN doesn't change to the correct number, a phone reset corrects this. On reset the phone has the correct logged in DN and speed dials. A restart, which is the process the phone goes through on login, does not correct the problem. This looks like the restart process is not working properly, which would indicate phone load. I have tried 214 with no effect, but have not tried any other version except default 204.

Highlighted

CSCdy80350 -- Phone DN does not change after EM Login - phone page shows logged in

Highlighted

I can't find this in the bug tool.

My phones all login ok, its just that some user logins cause the phone to reset and other logins don't.

I'm still waiting for something from tac.

Rob

Highlighted

Actually the bug id was for Frank's problem, and for your reset i will stand on my previous opinion on checking access switch config and looking for errors in the tftp trace :)

Highlighted

I can't find any reference to this bug. Could you point me in the right direction.