Views
Helpful
Replies

extension module 7914

firehaifa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anybody know if the 7914 can work with the 7940g ip phone?

13 Replies 13

cchajii
Level 1
Level 1

the 7914 extension is not supported ON 7940 Phone, ONLY with 7960.

Thank you

Is there a software updade fo this solution?

I'm sure I've had a 7940 with 7914 working OK - they are basically the same phone just with fewer lines, run the same code etc...

Perhaps I'll try it as I'm going to be playing around in the lab this monday...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you aaronharrison

I'll wait for you to try it

Either way, the 7914 is only supported on the 7960.

Thank you noelger

Just checked in my lab - CM doesn't allow you to add to put an add-on to a 7960, however CME does...

Strange...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

What is the diffrent between cm and cme?

CME is a product previously known as ITS - it runs as part of the IOS code on a router. It supports smaller deployments...

CM is the full, enterprise product that supports thousands of phones and runs on a cluster of Windows based servers..

Beyond the name and the fact that they both use the same handsets and some of the same protocols the two are very different. Basic features work similarly but there are a good few things you can't do in CM that you can in CME and vice versa.

Thanks aaronharrison

you are helpfull

I confused????

"CM doesn't allow you to add to put an add-on to a 7960???" Are you talking about 7940???

It is because I have 7914 attach to 7960 with CCM 4.0.

But, I am so curious that 7940 should able to attach and work with 7914 before. Now, I found Cisco Doc state that seems only work with 7960 now. Weird...........

Thanks

Sorry - yes, I did mean to put 7940.. CME allows you to add a 7914 to a 7940 or 7960, whereas CM only allows it on a 7960.

I had previously used a 7914 on a 7940 in a lab, however I had CME and CM running together on the same bench so I wasn't sure which I'd ran it on...

Seems a strange setup, as they use the same firmware/virtually the same hardware... and if it works on CME???

I suppose this doesn't matter too much for most people as CME makes good use of the 7914 for direct station select dialling and transfers, whereas CM makes the thing virtually unusable - I know they have the attendant console for CM deployments but it would be nice to have the 7914 work like on CME for monitoring key stations...

Aaron

While CCME may currently not prevent a 7940+7914 config, it is not supported even there. I would not be surprised if this bug is not fixed in a future version of software. As I seem to recall, there were some things that did not work quite as expected in that scenario, (perhaps around speed dials?) and other phone settings administered by the end user through the gui.

thx,

Neal