Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Sharing between Nortel PBX and IP Phones

Hello,

Is it possible to share an extension between a Nortel PBX phone and CCM4.0 IP Communicator using QSIG to link the two together? My goal is to initially have people using IP Communicator with the same extension as their Nortel Phone. This would make migration from TDM to IP phones very smooth.

Thank you,

Steve

4 Replies 4

yavuzsab
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can have IP Communicator and Nortel phone with the same extension this is no problem. Basically have the gateway (h323) route the call either to nortel or CM, but each phone or phone system (Callmanager/nortel) will NOT understand or know the line status of when each phone is in use, etc. They will be independent to one another.

I would be very interested and excited to know if there is a better solutoin for this TDM and IP Telephony integration as it will also benefit our Business as well for failover/redundancy purposes.

If anyone else could also help Steve and myself out, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yavuz

Thanks Yavuz,

I should add that the topology looks like this. PSTN --> PBX --> MGCP GW --> CCM. So the calls hit the PBX first and then either get routed to the gateway for CCM IP phone or the call stays on the PBX for a TDM phone.

Steve

Steve...would if the calling coming from the PSTN goes to your PBX..and then to the GW...then wouldn't the call simply end at the PBX..(ie 4 rings on the nortel phone and then to voicemail?).

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

What Nortel PBX are you using. I am trying to get this integration to work and I am having problems with DID to DID trunk transfers. Let me know.