cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabian

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

So, Fabian is missing.  Or somehow grossly misconfigured. I added him as a contact long ago in the Spark days, and it works - still works to this day.  But no one else in my organization can add or see this bot.  I *really* don't recall doing anything more than adding it as a contact.  Am I wrong, has it gone MIA, or was there some setup/setting I can't remember?

I opened a case on it, and so far the answer is bots are 3rd party, Cisco cannot help - but I explained it is there for me, not for others and they are still looking, but thought I'd ask the community.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1
6 Replies 6

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved.

So what was the solution?

*I* and my Partner team can see Fabian as a Contact (Contact a Person method).  My clients do not see that, but can add fabian@webex.bot and get the same end result.  Makes no sense, but appears to work at least.

I'm not sure that it changed, but Fabian was originally supposed to be partner only. They couldn't/can't enforce that in Spark/Teams, so they just asked that you didn't share it with end customers.

That may well have been - but you would be the first one out of all the Cisco TAC or other reps to say so. But that wouldn't be a surprise, really.

Well, I'm not sure what to say about your experience, other than, humans make mistakes.

The bot greets you as a partner tool when you first interact with it.

fabian.png